banner

Monday, September 7, 2009

Sites of Death!

Kenyans are known for the unique 'peculiar habits' from mobile phone etiquette to driving madness. Most of these 'peculiar habits' have been accepted as a social norm. But there is one I'm wondering if its one of them habits or a natural human instinct. Today morning while trying to avoid the ever congested Muranga Road, I divert on Desai Road. A few meters I encounter a huge crowd that doesn't seem to be in a hurry on a monday morning. My fellow motorists also join in my causing another traffic jam. As I get closer to the crowd I get to visualize the subject matter. A corpse of a mugging victim with deep bruises on the head, the usual being hit by a blunt object theory. As I drive off I wonder what could be the gain of standing for hours just looking or imagining the 'what could have happened' theories. Is it our own kenyan habits of always flocking to accidents scenes or its a human nature?

No comments:

Post a Comment