banner

Monday, September 7, 2009

The sad case of Mau



As a born city I never thought I'd ever have an opinion over environmental issue leave alone Mau. My trip to the Masaai Mara through Narok was like a blow to my environmental ignorance. The burnt out hectares of what was once lush indigineous forest was heart breaking. Numerous questions of why, how did it get to such levels of destruction, was I could ask myself. With the politicization of Mau reforestation and the visible tell tale signs of years of depletion, am genuinely worried for my year old son's future. I frankly pray that our politicians preferably the president would make such a trip and who knows, maybe he'll get worried for his grandchildrens future... and who knows, the beginning of Mau Forest afforestration!

No comments:

Post a Comment